Vipromat Inline Cool
The Vipromat Inline Cool is an absolute unique ¾ automatic printing solution. A complete printing line, consisting of the well known Vipromat Executive printing unit, take-off system, UV-dryer, cooling section and stacker, all combined and built into a single machine occupying just a few square meters.
The Vipromat Inline owes it success mostly for its flexibility, compactness, user friendliness and the fact that the renowned Vipromat Executive is the basis on which the Vipromat Inline Cool was designed. As a result, most of the characteristics and specifications of the Vipromat Executive, including the available options (with the exception of the machine dimensions), apply to the Vipromat Inline Cool as well.
The integrated take-off system is fitted with four suction units which can slide sideways to fit any material size. Each suction unit has a 21 or 15 mm mark free silicone suction cup that can be individually switched on or off. All the adjustments to the take-off system can be made quickly and are tool free. The waiting position of the take-off just under the rear part of the top frame contributes to fast cycle times. Functions like the variable take-off speed and vacuum delay allows even materials that are difficult to handle to be processed without trouble. The speed of the continuously running conveyor belt can be adjusted between 5 and 25 m/min.
UV inks are well cured by the built-in UV dryer. The UV-lamp has an output of 120 W/cm, providing ample of power to cure all UV curable inks commonly used in screenprinting at the rated printing speed. The technology used in this dryer equals the technology found in our successful UV-module and stand-alone UV-dryer range. It incorporates the temperature control techniques and focusing UV-lamp reflector, contributing to an excellent through hardening of the UV-inks and adherence. A strong belt vacuum under the UV-dryer ensures a flat transport of the substrate. An adjacent cooling section (ambient air) reduces the surface temperature of the cured substrates further, allowing problem free stacking of a wide variety of substrates.
Last in line is the automated stacker. Assisted by a controlled air cushion, substrates float onto the pile and are nicely stacked by the tapping motion of two side joggers. The pile is automatically lowered to maintain a more or less constant top height. A glance at the mirror above the pile reassures the printer that stacking runs just fine.
The Vipromat family
Of the four available models within the Vipromat family, the Vipromat Inline Cool is the top model. Like the Vipromat Inline, the Vipromat Integral is a three-quarter screen printing machine, but does not include a UV-dryer, nor cooling section or stacker. This model is most suitable for printing all types of ink and delivering the printed substrate to an existing adjacent dryer. The two other models, the basic Vipromat Standard and more sophisticated Vipromat Executive are both semi-automatic machines. Click here to see the differences between the four models.
- three-quarter automatic screenprinting machine
- unique combination of printing, drying and stacking in one machine
- based on Europe’s most popular Vipromat Executive
- extremely compact and user friendly machine
- short set-up and change-over times
- very complete flexible workhorse
- The Vipromat Inline is equipped with a state-of-the-art micro controller (control panel), providing all necessary information in clear text (English, French, German, Spanish, Slovenian or Dutch). The majority of the machine settings can be made directly from the control panel on which all functions are illustrated by easy to understand icons. Pressing a key first explains the function in clear text together with the current state or setting (on, off, time or speed setting etc.). This makes the machine easy to work with, even when the printer does not operate this particular machine every day.
- Many relevant job settings can be read from the text display. When a print job returns the operator can setup the machine quickly and produce identical printing results.
- The machine printing cycle starts automatically (adjustable feed timer) or by pressing the foot pedal (not shown on picture). Pressing the foot pedal during the machine cycle will finish the current action and then stops the machine. This allows the operator to check the printing result with the screen and squeegee down and to make fine adjustments fast and safely.
- The printing head lifting arms are placed so far back that the operator has full access to the whole printing area not only from the front, but from both side as well. This, together with the large opening of the print head, makes handling materials underneath the screen very easy.
- Little effort is needed to slide the screen into the machine from the left or right side and the screen may even extend somewhat during printing. This allows more same-color-jobs to be exposed into a single screen and just re-position the screen to print the next job, thus saving time and money again.
- Another important advantage is that during cleaning and removing ink, the screen may extend the machine largely which makes it accessible from three sides: top as well as bottom and from outside the machine.
- The front screen bar is fixed whilst the rear screen bar can be moved forward to fit any smaller screen size. Subsequently, smaller screens always start at the front, close to the operator’s eyes.
- A pneumatic locking system secures the screen into the screen holder bars, reducing time needed to unlock and lock the screens manually. The screen remains locked when power to the machine is switched off.
- Uniquely to the Vipromat, this machine prints from front to rear, allowing the operator to see the separation of the mesh from the substrate, printing force distribution etc. Printing like this enables the operator to actually see the image being transferred to the substrate.
- An integrated peel-off system lifts the screen at the front during the whole print stroke (front to back), effectively separating the mesh from the printed substrate. The peel-off stroke can be adjusted (limited) or set to zero.
- Independent adjustable squeegee and floodcoater speed with digital speed read-out directly from the control panel. The speed can be set between 0.2 and 1.2 meter per second.
- The Vipromat is equipped with a pneumatic squeegee and floodcoater change-over system.
- Besides a well functioning pneumatic squeegee pressure equalizer system, the operator can choose to deploy the conventional mechanical squeegee pressure system. Both systems are available to the printer. Using the pneumatic system, the operator does not have to re-adjust the squeegee after intermediate sharpening or small changes in squeegee angle. The pneumatic equalizer system continuously adjusts the squeegee pressure across the printing width during printing.
- Mechanical adjusters on the squeegee carriage for squeegee pressure and floodcoater height.
- Choice of flooding directly after the print stroke (print-flood) to increase the production speed and avoid solvent based ink to dry in the screen or flooding just before the next squeegee stroke (flood-print) to avoid ink seeping through the mesh when printing e.g. a negative image.
- Multiple print function allows the same substrate to be printed up to 5 times.
- An adjustable peel-off timer allows a delay to be set between finishing the squeegee stroke and the lifting of the print head to allow more time for the mesh to separate from the substrate (e.g. when printing a negative image or using high viscosity inks).
- An operator resetable production counter keeps track of the number of printed substrates.
- Sliding optical proximity switches on the print head allow an adjustable print stroke length.
- The squeegee carriage runs over a hardened linear guiding rail to guarantee a vibration free motion.
- The Vipromat Integral accepts A type (30mm bar) squeegee and floodcoater. Only the Vipromat Integral 1000×1400 has a B type (40mm bar) squeegee and floodcoater.
Printing table, off-contact and vacuum functions
- The Vipromat has a durable, hard wearing, thick skin aluminum printing table. The extra dense internal honeycomb gives the table its exceptional flatness and rigidity.
- Substrates are sucked down onto the table from the center out, flattening the substrate towards its edges. Possible wrinkles are effectively flattened out before printing starts.
- The Vipromat is equipped with a very powerful yet silent vacuum motor.
- Especially for printing porous materials a pre-vacuum time can be set allowing more time for the substrate to secure to the printing table before printing.
- Blow-back assists the lifting of heavier or (light) static materials after printing to simplify take-off.
- Controlled vacuum timing avoids statically charged substrates to stick to the mesh when the screen is lifted after printing.
- Accurate screen register is obtained by moving the printing table in the solid machine chassis rather than the screen itself in the print head. For this purpose the table can be positioned accurately with three play-free micro adjusters for X and Y direction and rotation (theta).
- The off-contact can be adjusted at all four corners of the printing table simultaneously with a light running hand wheel located at the front left corner of the Vipromat. The off-contact can be set between 3 and 28 mm.
- After printing, the take-off carriage will start to move forward over the printing table as soon as the print head opens only half way. The pick-up position on the printing table can be accurately set by a sliding proximity switch located on the left side of the printing table. The take-off and has a repeatability better than ±2 mm. This means that one can work with a minimum sucker margin of less than 25 mm for a 21 mm suction cup and 20 mm for a 15 mm suction cup (optional).
- The take-off carriage has 4 suction units. These suction units can be positioned over the width of the take-off carriage to fit any substrate size. Two suction units will provide ample of holding force to pick-up even heavier substrates. Nevertheless 4 suction units are supplied so that relatively light but flexible materials are well enough supported over the length. Due to the special shape and composition of the suction cups, no creases or cup marks are left on the substrate despite the strong holding force.
- The take-off carriage can be positioned an additional ±10 cm forward, enabling the printer to feed even small substrates close to the front of the printing table.
- After pick-up of the substrate, the take-off carriage will run quickly to the rear of the conveyor belt and release the substrate to drop onto the running belt. After that, the take-off carriage runs quietly to a waiting position under the print head close to the rear of the screen while the next printing cycle is made.
UV Dryer and Cooling section
- A high quality UV-resistant Teflon® coated glass fiber mesh belt conveys the printed substrate towards e.g. an adjacent dryer. The color of the belt is black and so is the metal work under and around the belt. Black absorbs the most visible light and UV-radiation that could be escaping from an adjacent UV-dryer inlet.
- The speed of the conveyor belt can step less adjusted between 5 to 25 meter per minute and is displayed digitally on the control panel.
- Single lamp UV-dryer with maximum UV-output of 120 W/cm provides ample of power to cure all UV curable inks commonly used in screenprinting at the rated printing speed.
- A strong local belt vacuum keeps the substrate flat while passing under the UV-lamp.
- The heat, ozone and fumes that are produced by the UV-lamp and UV-ink are effectively extracted and exhausted out of the production area.
- A special designed multi-facetted UV-reflector focuses the UV-radiation so that an optimum through hardening of the UV-ink and adherence to the substrate is achieved.
- Special temperature control techniques, such as forced cooling air jets are applied to reduce the thermal load on the substrate. These techniques also minimize the shrinkage of substrates and thus reducing possible color register problems.
- The UV-hood can be lifted for easy access to the UV-lamp and reflector space, making cleaning and lamp replacement quite simple.
- The operation hours of the UV-lamp can be read from the control panel.
- The cooling section uses ambient air to reduce the surface temperature of the cured substrates further. This is especially useful for plastics to avoid blocking or ink transfer between substrates when piling.
- Printed and cured substrates leaving the cooling section are detected by a photo optic sensor. Upon entering the stacker an air cushion is created over the pile so that the substrate will float over the pile top with little friction. Side joggers open and subsequently close to create a nice straight pile.
- The top of the pile is maintained at more or less constant height by automatically lowering the platform when the pile height increases.
- Substrates are stacked onto a pallet (not included) that is maneuvered into position on the platform by a manual lift trolley (not included). Special accessories are supplied to stack smaller substrates (A3+ size) automatically as well.
- A mirror above the stacker enables the printer so see what is currently out of the field of vision.
Quality, safety and more...
- The Vipromat is equipped with an emergency stop bar around the front, left and right side of the print head as well as 2 emergency push buttons to stop the machine immediately. The print head lifting mechanism is constructed in such way that the print head is not pulled down with force when something is obstructing while closing.
- Due to the user friendliness and simplicity of operation, compact construction and well though-out design, the set-up for printing and job changes can be made in record time.
- The Vipromat Inline connects to a 3 phase 400V, 50Hz electrical power supply. An air compressor is required, so is an air exhaust for the UV-dryer and cooling section.
- The machine comes with a full set of documentation as well as a squeegee and floodcoater for the maximum print width.
Technical specifications and dimensions
|Maximum print size||500 x 700||700 x 1000||900 x 1250||1000 x 1400|
|Maximum screen size||925 x 1200||1125 x 1500||1275 x 1700||1425 x 1900|
|Maximum material size||685 x 950||885 x 1250||1035 x 1450||1185 x 1650|
|Machine width [B]||1300||1600||1800||2000|
|Machine depth [L]||4165||4965||5565||6165|
|Machine working height||930 mm|
|Max. material thickness||25 mm|
|Off-contact||3 - 28 mm|
|Register fine adjustment||-20 to +20 mm|
|Squeegee speed||0.2 tot 1.2 m/sec.|
|Squeegee angle||75 - 90 degree|
|Electrical connection||400V, 50Hz, 1 phase + N + Pe|
|Electrical power||16 kW||19 kW||21 kW||23 kW|
|Pneumatic connection||6 bar (600 kPa), 200 nl/min|